Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Summer Twist on a Montessori Staple Activity

A few weeks ago I showed you Bella pouring herself a glass of water. (see that post here)  Obviously, pouring liquids is something that comes up in real life all the time.  So, as time and patience allows, we try to let Bella practice whenever possible.

Bella wanted a popsicle with lunch.  We didn't have any, but I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so I'm never opposed to making popsicles. (See my cobbler and my pumpkin roll as proof)  I bought some molds a while back, so I dragged them out, and let Bella practice pouring lemonade water (1/2 and 1/2 so it's not too sugary) into the molds.  She stuck the bottoms on, and we threw them in the freezer to set.  It was the first thing she asked about when she got up from her nap.  They weren't quite done yet though.


But we got to have them with dinner and they sure were yummy!

Bella even did "Cheers!" with Vinny and his popsicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment