Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame

Thanks to Bella's BFF, Xander (and his Dad), Bella and I spent Monday evening at the Pawsox baseball game. (Vinny was home because he had to work overnight and needed to sleep a bit)  This was Bella's first baseball game, and I think her first professional sporting event too.  
Bella, her BFF (Xander), and his Daddy (Marcus)

We saw at least 4 home runs in the 3 innings we were there for, so the 'Sox' were kicking grass and taking games...or something like that.  The innings were a bit long so we had to leave after only 3 so the kiddos could get to bed.

A gorgeous evening for baseball

But first we had the official baseball stadium dinner: hot dogs (sub in fruit salad for me), french fries, peanuts, and Cracker Jacks. And no, Bella didn't care if she ever got back...in case you were curious. 

She even got to say hi to the HUGE mascot...which is (I think) a polar bear.  It was basically a gigantic white bear and Bella was understandably dubious about approaching and say hello.  Luckily, Xander was more courageous and said hello first so Bella gave high fives from my arms once she made sure the bear wasn't going to eat her.  She had a blast dancing with the music and joining in with the clapping, and best of all, she loved getting to (finally) use her OUTDOOR voice!

Also, as a not-so-aside, aside...The national anthem felt more patriotic than usual today.  I'm proud to be a Navy wife, and I'm proud to be an American.  I'm proud to raise my child in a country where she can have Muslim friends, and Jewish friends, and Christian friends, and friends from all nations; where the possibilities are bounded only by her dreams.

One quote I heard today that resonated: “I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.” - Mark Twain  


EDIT: So I hear that quote isn't actually Mark Twain, but rather a simplification of the following quote from civil rights activist, Clarence Darrow:
"All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."


Yay internet!


EDIT 2: and, you know...cause we already went there:









No comments:

Post a Comment