Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Potty Training Time!

Bella has been in pull ups for some time now, and it feels like she's never going to be potty trained.  We've tried sticker rewards and I even resorted to M&M's last week, which seems to be working better.  So, on Monday after I picked her up from daycare I bit the bullet and put her in underwear for the first time.




She was so excited!  The first day I put her in just the underwear and modified some tights so they were leg warmers by cutting off the top and feet.  She ran around all afternoon telling me "I need PANTS," but no accidents Monday.  Can't say the same for the rest of the week unfortunately.  These underwear have an extra layer so it isn't so messy if she has an accident (they call them training unders), but I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of laundry in the next few weeks.  We still put her in pull-ups for naps and nighttime, but it's a step in the right direction.  Being wet in clothes certainly seems to make a bigger impression than the pull ups did.  On me as well as on her.  I'm now getting used to making sure we have 2 changes of clothes with us whenever we go anywhere.

And for good measure...a picture from a while back (in late December) of her reading on the potty.  How funny is it that she's wearing the same shirt in both pictures!?


Any bets on how many loads of laundry we have to do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment