Friday, April 22, 2011

The Ugly Pumpkin Roll

In preparation for the move, I've been quite stubborn about what groceries I buy.  I've decided that we're going to eat as much of the goods we have as possible.  So tonight I went to the pantry and found a can of pumpkin.  I bought it back in November, when I had intended on making a pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving and gave up out of laziness.  I was feeling inspired, so I looked up the recipe I had originally intended on making, Kristen Chenowith's pumpkin roll.  The recipe I used is here in case you want it.

The rolling of the cake did not go as smoothly as I'd hoped, with more tearing than I expected.  But it was my first time making a rolled up anything, so I'm not terribly insulted.  The icing part that goes in the middle is the yummiest thing I've ever had.  I had to stop myself from eating the entire bowl.



Bella (and Vinny) enjoyed licking the spoons after I finished each step, and ultimately, despite it's ugliness, it was really yummy.  Bella is now walking around the house saying, "I want more pumpkin bread...more pumpkin bread please" and Pippen is licking a plate.  Now I have to decide what to do with the other half of the bag of confectionery sugar...and the other half of the can of pumpkin...coincidence? I think not. (YUM!)

Have you made anything tastebud inspiring lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment