Saturday, April 9, 2011

My funny family

On our recent trip to North Carolina to go house hunting, a few amusing things happened.  Pardon the complete and random disconnects between amusing snipits.

The first happened when we went out to eat at the mexican restaurant on Emerald Isle.  Fitting of a restaurant at the coast, there were tons of seafood options, which I was thrilled about.  So I order the fried talapia with burrito fixin's.  Well, what came out was an entire fish...deep fried.  Head...Scales, Fins, everything.  I was proud that I even bothered to try to eat it, but in the end it just wasn't working for me.  Vinny then decided to pick it up and play with it.  Bella and I have been giving one another 'fishy kisses' pretending to be fish, so Vinny suggested Bella give this fish a fishy kiss. *insert eye roll and deep sigh here*


And then of course he had to do it:


And he even managed to get Nanny on board:


So a few good laughs there, even though they were a bit gross.

Second random amusing thing: On the way back from picking up Joseph, Bella decided she wanted to brush his hair, so she ordered him to be her customer.  It was so cute I thought I should share:



Right off Emerald Isle there is a little shopping area with a Lowe's foods and a Lowes home improvement.  I don't know why, but this struck me as absolutely hilarious.  The double rainbow of Lowes...only better because there was food and home improvement projects.  We've taken to calling that shopping center the Loweses.


And if you don't know the whole double rainbow joke:


And last but not least: when I was going through my phone photos, I realized I had about 20 photos that look like this:


Where apparently Bella had stopped playing the game she borrowed my phone for and instead she decided to do a detailed photographic session with her shoe.

Love you guys...thanks for the laughs! 

What about you?  Has your family done anything funny recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment