Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Handprint Reindeer and Fingerprint Christmas Tree, Finished with Snowman Paint

Whew, long title there!  This was one of our holiday crafts that I thought I would share:

We used tiny bells from Michaels for the collar and I went around the bottom of them with silver glitter glue.  The Christmas tree is made up of both my and Bella's fingerprints.  It's got some green glitter garland and a bit of snowman paint on the branches.  The star sparkles with some gold glitter.

The snowman paint was really fun.  It's 1 part shaving cream to 1 part white glue.  I added a dash of white paint because I thought it might need it but I don't think it was necessary.  I also put blue glitter in mine.  It gave it some dimension, but it didn't sparkle, so perhaps not the best addition.  It dried in about a day and half and has a bit of a spongy texture to it.  I ended up going back over it once it was dry and put a touch of clear glitter in the recesses.  That touch is one of my favorite things about the finished product.

I glued a ribbon on the back to hang it with, but ultimately decided to sit it up on a stand this year.  White walls + white canvas = weird.  I think if I had it to do again I would paint the canvas light blue before we started.

No comments:

Post a Comment